Intermediate: 3rd-5th Grade
Our 3rd through 5th grade program focuses on building upon the solid foundation already developed in the primary grades. Students in these grade levels apply academic concepts and skills with growing independence as well as collaboratively with peers through a variety of learning experiences: whole-class direct instruction, small group work, and independent self-paced lessons. As in the primary grades, every class continues to receive support from teachers from our Student Success Team who work with small group or individual students to promote learning among all students.
Students integrate technology into all learning via dedicated Technology lessons and the use of individual Chromebooks across all subjects.
As in the primary grades, students in the intermediate grades participate in all Special Enrichment subjects: Spanish, Music, Art, Media, Technology, and Physical Education.
Curricular Highlights for 3rd Through 5th Grade
- Novel units combined with Imagine It! reading series
- Institute for Excellence (IEW) Writing Program
- Accelerated and Star Reader Program
- Sadlier vocabulary program
- Hands on Equations (Grade Five)
- Simple Solutions Math and Grammar
- iMath Program
- STEMScopes Science Program