Tuition Assistance & GRACE Scholars
St. Catherine of Siena Catholic School strives to provide appropriate assistance to families that want to provide a quality Catholic education for their children.
Tuition assistance applications are available each year from November to February for the upcoming school year. Assistance awards are communicated in early April. There is a period for appeals or new applications for assistance during April.
Tuition Assistance Overview
Tuition assistance is available to Catholic families. Awards are based on documented need and the funds available to the school through the Archdiocese and other generous benefactors. FACTS Tuition Management processes all financial assistance applications, which are based on the financial documentation provided by the parent(s) applicant. FACTS estimates the amount that each family can contribute to educational expenses.
To be considered for need-based financial aid, families must submit the following information by these deadlines:
- Applications must be submitted by Monday, March 1, 2023.
- FACTS application submission deadline is March 1st. The enrollment fee must be paid before applying for financial assistance. A late registration fee penalty will be applied after March 1st.
- Catholic families must submit their Parish Verification Form.
- When the parents of a financial assistant applicant are divorced, separated, or have never been married, SCS now requires both parents to complete the financial assistance requirements by March 1, 2023. Please note: each parent must document his and her current total household income and assets, including those of a current spouse, if applicable.
- Submit proof of child support.
- Parents applying for assistance must claim their child on tax returns.
- If someone else claims your child as his/her dependent for tax purposes, please add this individual to your financial assistance application.
- Upload your 2022 Federal Tax Return and 2022 W2's to your FACTS application.
Families who do not file taxes
If you do not file taxes, you must submit a letter of employment verification and proof of current state aid (i.e., Disability, Medicaid, or SNAP) to show all income earned per family in the last calendar year.
- To complete your online FACTS application:
- Click here.
- Upload your 2022 Tax Return and all required documents to your FACTS parent login.
- Submit and pay the FACTS application fee of $30.00. This fee is non-refundable.
Call FACTS Customer Service at (866) 441-4637 with any questions (M-F: 9am-8pm EST).
The deadline for tuition assistance applications for the 2022-2023 school year was March 1, 2022. Families in need of tuition assistance after this application deadline should contact the principal.
If you wish to appeal the tuition assistance decision made for your family, please click here to complete the “Appeals Process.” All appeals must be filed by April 25, 2023, for review.
GRACE Scholars Application Overview
(GRACE Scholarship Applications for the 2022-2023 academic year have closed.)
In addition to regular tuition assistance, incoming students entering Kindergarten or 1st Grade and new students currently enrolled in a Georgia public school are eligible to receive tuition assistance through the GRACE Scholars program. Georgia Residents Assisting Children’s Education (GRACE) Scholars Inc. provides scholarships to children from families with financial need in grades K-12 (or accredited Pre-Kindergarten) for use at approved Catholic schools located in the State of Georgia.
To apply for GRACE, a family must demonstrate financial need. The process for application is as follows:
- Apply for admission to the school: Admission Application.
- Apply for financial aid through FACTS Tuition Aid.
- Complete the GRACE application (one per student): Click here for the application.
- Submit the completed GRACE Scholars, Inc. Family Registration Form to the school.
- Upon acceptance of the student by the school, the school then forwards materials to GRACE Scholars, Inc.
- Qualifying families are notified by GRACE Scholars, Inc. of the scholarship amount awarded. This information is copied to the school.
- GRACE Scholars, Inc. issues a check in the family's name directly to the school. The family endorses the award check to the school in order to reduce the tuition balance.
Learn more about GRACE Scholars by visiting www.gracescholars.org